In your 50’s burial insurance is very low cost.
You want to see prices and you shall have them!
Slightly below, you will see real funeral expense insurance quotes for someone who is 51.
Article Quick Navigation Links
Just below you will see some 52 year old funeral expense insurance quotes.
Please note that these are real prices, but you must remember these facts.
- Qualifying for these final expense rates are based underwriting eligibility.
- Montana residents all pay male prices due to state regulations.
- Those who use tobacco or nicotine that is not cigarettes may qualify for non tobacco pricing with certain carriers (Prosperity is one such example).
- Face amounts are unlimited. You can buy any amount of coverage as you would like.
- All quotes shown are fixed for life and cannot increase.
GENDER & RATING $5,000 $10,000 $15,000 $20,000
Female No Waiting Period $14.33 $25.45 $36.58 $47.70
Female Tobacco & No Waiting Period $17.44 $32.24 $47.03 $61.82
Female Guaranteed Acceptance $15.17 $29.43 $43.68 $57.93
Male No Waiting Period $16.75 $30.30 $43.85 $57.41
Male Tobacco No Waiting Period $21.04 $38.88 $56.72 $74.56
Male Guaranteed Acceptance $20.21 $39.51 $58.80 $78.10
This Is How Final Expense Insurance Works
The first thing to understand is that final expense (A.K.A. burial or funeral insurance) is life insurance. It just happens to be a very specific type of life insurance.
These policies are whole life insurance with super lenient underwriting so seniors with health issues can still qualify.
Here’s the fine print:
- Prices can’t increase.
- Death benefit is guaranteed to never decrease.
- Policy can’t expire due to age.
All life insurance simply pays out a tax free cash benefit once the insured passes way.
If there happens to be money leftover after the funeral costs are paid, that remaining money will get to stay with your family.
Here’s How Carriers Calculate Your Exact Rate
Every carrier has what’s called a “price per thousand”. This number (which varies based on your age and gender) will be multiplied by the amount of coverage you’re seeking.
For example, if a carrier charges you $3.34 per thousand and you want $10k in coverage, your net monthly price would be $33.40 per month (3.34 x 10).
Here are the factors that drive up the price per thousand.
- Age: The older you are, the more an insurance company will charge.
- Gender: Females always pay about 30% less than men because they live longer (In Montana, all genders pay male rates).
- Health: Your health will dictate what “rating” you qualify for with each carrier. Most carriers have a low, medium, and high rating. If you should qualify for their medium or high rating, the price will be higher.
- Amount of coverage: The more coverage you buy, the more it will cost.
In the end, you as the consumer don’t need to be overly concerned with this. Whatever agency you work with will figure all of this out for you.
Whether you’re buying life insurance for parents or yourself, your agent does all the work for you.
Choice Mutual- The Burial Insurance Experts
If you are looking for final expense insurance, Choice Mutual unequivocally is best equipped to help you get the best deal possible.
Nowhere else will you find a more experienced and qualified agency to guide you on your search. We are not a jack of all trades; we believe strongly at being experts at one discipline.
That’s why for many years we have focused only on burial insurance. You are dealing with thoroughbred experts when you speak with us.
To truly narrow it down, there are 3 key elements that make Choice Mutual uniquely qualified to serve your burial insurance needs.
- Freedom to choose is amazing. We are an independent agency which simply means we represent mulitple insurance companies. Our independence is the biggest reason why we can get someone the best price every time. Ultimately, we shop all the companies for you, so you get the best deal possible on your policy.
- We have a P.H.D. in final expense underwriting. After handling tens of thousands of applications, we know precisely how every carrier responds to health issues. This intimate familiarity with underwriting enables us to know with virtual certainly which company will provide you with the best burial insurance plan your unique situation.
- We are truly committed to serving your interest. Securing you the best policy at the best price is our only objective. We do not care which insurance company happens to be your best option. All we care about is doing what’s best for you and your family.
Still not convinced?
If you need help finding a funeral insurance policy, we would love to earn your business.
You can call us at 1-800-644-2926. If you prefer that we call you, just fill out the quote form. A licensed agent will be in touch shortly.