Interested in working with us?
Choice Mutual is the largest online final expense agency in the world, and we are changing the way consumers shop for final expense insurance.
Historically, final expense has been sold knee to knee in a customer’s home. That is changing, and we’re leading the charge.
Every year, we sell thousands of policies without ever meeting a client in person because we operate entirely over the phone and internet.
- Click here if you’re interest in an sales agent position
- Click here if you’re interest in an administration position
Agent positions don’t become available often, and when they do they are filled fast.
To work at Choice Mutual, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Report to our local office everyday in Reno NV (we do not hire remote agents under any circumstance)
- Work full time Monday-Friday 8 A.M. to 5 P.M. Pacific Standard Time (we do not hire part time agents under any circumstance)
- Currently hold an active life license in Nevada
- Free of any Vector One balances
- Basic computer literacy
- Have a stellar work ethic and a coach able attitude
- Comfortable working 40 hours per week in an office making outbound calls to warm inbound leads
- Pass a background check and get successfully appointed with ALL carriers we represent
- Have E&O insurance
If you fail to meet any of those requirements, please do not inquire. We will not make exceptions for anyone.
What To Expect When You’re A Choice Mutual Agent
Attire here is corporate because we like to maintain a professional environment. Most call centers allow people to wear whatever they want because clients never see the agents. That’s not how it is here.
The atmosphere here is light and encouraging. We like to have a good time with one another, but everyone understands sales is always the top priority.
For those who are accepted, you can expect the following benefits:
- Base salary plus performance bonuses that will easily yield a six figure income
- W2 bi-weekly pay
- 15+ carrier options so you can always put each client in the best position possible
- No cold calling
- Leads provided at no cost to the agent
- New inbound-only leads every day via organic internet searches, website call ins, & Facebook ads
- Paid training
- 2-3 exotic trips around the world every year (all expenses paid for)
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Paid time off
- Professional & comfortable office working space with cubicles not like these
- Full back end support for ongoing client service issues
- You’ll get to work for the most advanced final expense telesales company in nation and have access to proprietary carrier platforms not available to any other agency
- No startup or ongoing fees (you will have to keep your resident and non resident licenses renewed)
If you’re interested in working with us please email your resume and cover letter to careers @ choicemutual.com. A recruiter will be in touch within 3 business days.
If you want to call us about open positions, call us at 1-855-362-5433 Ext 3. Please do not call the phone number listed at the top of this website. That number is meant for consumer inquiries.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of the most common questions we’re asked by applicants who are interested in working for us.
If you have a question, please read these because it may save you some time.
What are the most common reasons why an agent could not get contracted with your carriers?
Every carrier is unique regarding why they may reject an agent for contracting. That said, here is a list of the most common reasons why agents may get rejected in the contracting process (there may be others).
Some of these can be overcome, but some are hard stop declines.
If you want to work with us, can meet all the requirements listed above and have some of these issues, just call us first. We’ll figure out if your specific issue could be overcome. The number to call is 1-855-362-5433 Ext 3.
- Child support in arrears
- Too much debt in arrears
- Criminal history
- For cause terminations by other carriers
- Vector balances
- Low persistency/placement if trying to return to a carrier
Is there a base salary or is it commission only?
We offer a base salary plus a performance bonus. Agents aren’t paid on a commission basis. Our philosophy is to ensure each client receives truly impartial advice from our agents.
Once a consumer deals with us, they should not be able to get a better deal elsewhere. Not only is this good business because it follows the golden rule, but it also leads to very few cancellations because a client got a better policy somewhere else.
Having agents on a salary ensures they never have to choose between making money and doing what’s right for the customer.
How does the performance bonus work?
If you meet certain production and quality of business goals, you’ll get a bonus paid out at the end of the month.
Can agents increase their pay?
Yes. Quality production overtime will yield better compensation.
Are there advancement opportunities such as sales management?
Can I work from home one or two days per week?
Do you provide E&O insurance?
No. You will need to maintain your own E&O insurance.
I’m not licensed, but I want to work with your company. Do you ever help agents get licensed?
At this time we do not.
Are agents paid directly by the carriers?
No. All commissions are paid to Choice Mutual. You will get a W2 paycheck via direct deposit from Choice Mutual on a bi-weekly basis.
Do you have a non compete?
No. They aren’t enforceable anyways. If you leave and still want to be in the insurance business, we won’t stand in your way.
Do agents have to sign a non disclosure agreement?
Absolutely. As a Choice Mutual agent, you’ll have access to propriety information and processes that many people would love to have their hands on. We’ve invested years of hard work and a lot of money to get to where we are today.
We are going to protect our investment.
Do you have an open release policy?
Can we still represent carriers other than the ones you use?
No. We are a captive independent agency. We are independent in the sense that we utilize multiple insurance carriers for our clients.
However, as an agency we are captive. To work with us, you’ll need to drop appointments with any carrier outside of the ones we use (doing so won’t mean you lose your renewals with them).
Remember, we are providing you with fresh high quality leads every week, infrastructure and systems to allow you to consistently make sales each week. All of that comes at no cost to you. That’s why we expect all business written to be with the our carriers.
What does the training process look like?
It starts with one week of classroom style training. You’ll learn how to use our CRM, underwriting, how to process applications with each carrier, and much more.
The second week you’ll spend the entire time just listening to a successful agent make phone calls.
The third and fourth week you will be on the phone working new leads with a coach listening to help you along the way.
Do agents get to choose which type of leads they work?
No. We decide that.
Which states will we be working?
All 50 states plus DC. Actually, make it 49. Alaska never generates leads. Maybe it’s too cold to have a funeral there which is why they don’t need final expense insurance. Who knows.
Do agents need to buy all the necessary non resident licenses?
We will help you initially acquire them on our dime. However, you’ll be responsible for keeping them renewed. Most states renew every two years.
Which carriers do you represent?
See the disclaimer in the footer of this website.