How Our Company Works
Choice Mutual is an independent insurance agency, also known as an insurance broker, which represents numerous insurance companies. We exclusively sell final expense life insurance, which is commonly referred to as burial insurance, funeral insurance, cremation insurance, and end-of-life insurance.
Our licensed insurance advisors will answer all your questions and make tailored recommendations based on your needs and wants. Then when you are ready to move forward with getting protected, your agent will assist you with the paperwork. They’ll guide you through the entire application process and ensure you get your policy in a timely manner.
Afterward, we will always be here for any service issues that may arise. We have a dedicated client service team ready and eager to help you with all your policy service needs.
Anthony began working in the final expense insurance industry in late 2010 at a local agency. He quickly became the top sales agent and was promoted to general sales manager, at which time he helped grow net sales by over 500% in less than a year. Anthony created Choice Mutual in 2013 and has helped thousands of families prepare for the future since then.
What Makes Us Unique
Choice Mutual stands out as the largest online final expense agency in the nation and is uniquely qualified to assist you with finding a burial insurance policy.
Here are a few of the many reasons why you can trust Choice Mutual as you get your final affairs in order:
- Final expense insurance is our sole focus
- Over 15 different insurance companies to compare rates and coverage
- Customer needs are our top priority
- Friendly, respectful, and knowledgeable agents
- No high-pressure sales tactics
- Apply for insurance directly on our website
- Continued customer service after you buy your policy
- Our comprehensive website to review policy options
- Highest level of transparency and integrity
- Hundreds of five-star customer reviews
- Licensed in all 50 states and Washington, DC
How We Make Money
Our services are available at no cost to you as the consumer. Choice Mutual gets paid a commission for each policy we sell. Insurance companies pay us a commission because we bring them customers; however, your policy does not cost extra because you used a “middleman.”
There are no broker fees or additional premiums due when you buy a policy through an agency, such as Choice Mutual. In fact, you’ll surely save money when you work with Choice Mutual because we comparison-shop across multiple insurance companies to find you the best deal. All of our sales agents earn salaries and are not paid on a commission basis, which means you can trust that they have your best interests at heart.
The amount we get paid from each insurer varies depending on the applicant’s age and the particular plan that is purchased.
Which Companies Pay Us The Most
Below is a list of all the insurance companies we represent. They are sorted from the highest to the lowest commission they pay us for the most common product we sell for them.
- Mutual of Omaha
- Accendo Life Insurance Company (Aetna)
- Foresters Financial
- Royal Neighbors of America
- Prosperity Life Group
- American Amicable
- American Home Life
- Liberty Bankers Life
- Baltimore Life
- Guarantee Trust Life
- Columbian Financial Group
- Continental Life Insurance Company (Aetna)
- Gerber Life
- Great Western
We share this for the sake of transparency. Please remember that we never show preference to one company over another based on which one pays us the most. Instead, we review the unique details of your situation and suggest policies that truly are the best fit for you and your family.
Our Recommendation Process
When choosing between insurance options, there are policies with guaranteed approval and no health questions, as well as policies that do require answering health questions to determine your eligibility.
There is a big difference between these two types of plans explained below:
- No health questions: Your approval is guaranteed, but there is a two-year waiting period before you’re insured. If you die during the waiting period, you’re only refunded your premiums plus a small amount of interest (on the premiums paid).
- Has health questions: You must answer all the health questions on the application. Also, the insurance company will analyze your medication history (which tells them a great deal about your health). These plans can have 100% immediate coverage on the first day. They can also have partial coverage where the insurance company pays out a portion of the death benefit during the first two years. Which one you’re eligible for entirely depends on your health.
When you contact us, one of our agents will discuss your health to find out what each insurance company would offer you and which plans fit within your budget. Numerous variables influence our recommendations, including the cost, when you’re insured (waiting period vs no waiting period), ease of the application process, the ability to make changes to the policy, and general service issues.
Don’t take our word for it – just ask our thousands of satisfied customers who recommend Choice Mutual to their friends and family members!
Here is a small sampling of some real Choice Mutual reviews. Read what people have said about working with us to find the right final expense life insurance policy.
We want to hear from you. We welcome questions, suggestions, complaints, and inquiries about finding the right burial insurance plan for you.
You can reach in a variety of ways:
Email: [email protected]
Or visit our contact page for all the ways you can reach us.