Choice Mutual's ratings are determined by our editorial team. The scoring formula takes into account consumer experience, financial strength ratings and complaint data.
AIG’s final expense insurance is a well-priced, guaranteed acceptance life insurance policy.
You cannot be denied because of pre-existing conditions.
Learn how their coverage works, the cost, and essential policy provisions.
Topics Covered in this article
AIG final expense insurance is a guaranteed issue life insurance policy.
There are no medical exams or health questions to answer.
Your approval is guaranteed.
Because approval is guaranteed, there is a two-year waiting period.
If you die in the first 24 months, AIG will only refund 110% of your premiums.
After the policy has been in force for more than two years, then the full face amount is payable.
Assuming you live for more than two years, AIG will pay out the death benefit as a tax-free cash payment.
You choose whether the money is paid to your loved ones or a funeral home.
Additionally, leftover money is theirs to keep.
At no extra cost, AIG includes two “living benefit” riders.
Please note that the benefits provided by these riders only apply after the two year waiting period has passed
- Chronic Illness: Will refund all premiums if the insured cannot perform two out of the six activities of daily living (bathing, dressing, eating, dressing, toileting, transferring) or is diagnosed with a severe cognitive impairment such as dementia or Alzheimers’s.
- Terminal Illness: Allows the insured to access up to 50% of the death benefit if diagnosed with a terminal illness and given a life expectancy of two years or less.
|AIG Guaranteed Issue Insurance Details|
|Policy Type||Whole Life Insurance|
|Builds Cash Value||Yes|
|State Availability||All States (Except ME & NY)|
|New Applicant Age Range||50-80|
|Free Built In Riders||Terminal Illness & Chronic Illness|
|Where to Apply||Agencies licensed to sell AIG products or via AIG Direct.|
|Phone Number to Apply||1-800-644-2926|
|Medical Exam Required||No|
|2-Year Waiting Period||Yes|
|Application Approval Time||2-5 Minutes|
|Sample Application||AIG Application|
|Sample Policy||AIG Sample Policy|
Ordinarily, the cost of burial insurance is a function of your age, gender, and health.
But since AIG’s burial insurance is guaranteed acceptance, your health does not affect the price.
Only your age, gender, and how much coverage you buy determine the exact rate.
Below are some sample monthly premiums.
- No medical exam or health questions
- Guaranteed approval
- Competitive prices for most ages
- Available in nearly all states
- Can be bought entirely online or via a licensed agent
- Living benefit riders for terminal illness or chronic illnesses included at no extra cost
- Allows people with uninsurable conditions such as dementia or renal failure to get coverage
- There’s a waiting period even for healthy applicants
- Low coverage maximum compared to other providers
- Other final expense companies offer lower prices
- No options above age 80
- Most final expense insurance customers can qualify for products that have underwriting
For starters, most people who need a burial insurance policy don’t need to buy guaranteed acceptance coverage.
That’s because most seniors can qualify for a policy with health questions.
Going that route leads to lower premiums and burial coverage with no waiting period.
If you have extremely dire health issues and need guaranteed coverage, then AIG is a great choice.
They made our list of the best funeral insurance companies.
However, the free riders that AIG includes are no extra cost are very valuable and usually worth the additional premium.
Ultimately, no single life insurance company can be the best option for everyone.
Insurance companies all have different products, terms and conditions, and costs. Furthermore, everyone’s circumstances are unique, so you must compare multiple providers to find the best policy.
Independent agencies can compare multiple insurance companies on your behalf to match you with whichever is best.
They offer different life and retirement insurance products nationwide. They also have operations in more than 70 countries and jurisdictions.
Below is their contact info:
- Website: aig.com
- Phone: 1-800-888-2452
AIG earned 3.0 stars out of 5 for overall performance. Choice Mutual’s ratings are determined by our editorial team. The scoring formula considers consumer experience, complaint data from the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, and financial strength ratings.
Learn about our rating methodology.